Negative Calorie Foods

Negative Calorie Foods

Negative calorie foods are the kind of foods I love. Well it is the kind of food most people ought to love as they help you lose more calories eating and digesting them than the calories they actually contain. Negative calorie foods are foods, which use more calories to digest than the calories the foods actually contain!

Certain foods are much harder for the body to breakdown and process. In other words, the body has to work harder in order to extract calories from these foods. This gives these foods a tremendous natural fat-burning advantage.

For example, according to this theory, if you eat 200 calories of a food that requires 250 calories to digest, then you’ve burnt an additional 50 calories simply by eating that food. Now isn’t that just amazing!

Negative calorie foods are said to be good for achieving weight loss naturally without starving. You can eat these foods and it will help you lose weight.

Here is a short list of negative calorie foods:

  • Celery
  • Grapefruit
  • Watermelon
  • Lettuce
  • Cauliflower
  • Oranges
  • Apples
  • Strawberries
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
  • Apricots
  • Zucchini
  • Tangerines
  • Carrots
  • Hot Chili Peppers

Eating negative calorie foods also help you get rid of fat in your body because when your body runs out carbohydrate sources in your body for energy, it will start to burn the fat. Celery is especially worthy because it only holds 10% of the amount of calories required to digest this vegetable, so the remaining 90% has to come from somewhere else, like your fat stores.

Fruits and vegetables are the main sources of negative calorie foods, some of which are listed above. Other examples of negative calorie foods include pineapple, papaya, peach, honeydew and cantaloupe. These type of foods are additionally beneficial because they also hold strong detox properties.

To get the best results from these types of foods, remember to alternate eating them with other healthy proteins, carbohydrates, whole wheat products and those which contain a lot of fiber. While you may enjoy eating these foods for a while, you can easily tire of them so don’t go overboard. Choose one or two a day to substitute into a meal or snack. A diet limited to only these foods could lead to malnutrition. However, when it comes to snack times, these choices are real winners.

Share the joy

Leave a Comment